Compared to rooftop catchment techniques, ground catchment techniques provide more opportunity for collecting water from a larger surface area. Storage tanks for collecting rainwater harvested using guttering may be either above or below the ground. Precautions required in the use of storage tanks include provision of an adequate enclosure to minimize contamination from human, animal or other environmental contaminants, and a tight cover to prevent algae growth or mosquitoes. Conveyance systems are required to transfer the rainwater collected on the rooftops to the storage tanks. This is usually accomplished by making connections to one or more down-pipes connected to the rooftop gutters. When selecting a conveyance system, consideration should be given to the fact that, when it first starts to rain, dirt and debris from the rooftop and gutters will be washed into the down-pipe. Thus, the relatively clean water will only be available some time later after the first rainfall .
More from UncategorizedMore posts in Uncategorized »
- DNA goa should be aware that those who actually work at home find that their water connection is cut, they cannot get their home repaired.
- Panaji sindhi scammer schooldropout naina premchandani dumps plastic containers in neighbours compound in which water accumulates
- Water supply not restored to panaji home despite submitting a complaint
- Panaji’s top sindhi scammer family of school dropout naina premchandani has cut off water supply to single woman engineer’s house, yet falsely claims to own her bank account
- No water in some homes in panaji, goa for more than six months